It should be kept in mind that excavation projects can be quite risky. If proper heed is not paid to the equipment or to wearing the right protective gear, things can go horribly wrong. Begging is a difficult task and can also become a dangerous one. There are excavation rules one has to follow in order to avoid injuries and to protect the lives of the people involved in the excavation project.
Someone who is looking to hire excavation services it is increasingly important to pay attention to the kind of contractors that you are hiring. Not only should they be experienced but they should have the right kind of tools so that you can be assured about their reliability.
What you need to know about excavations
- First and foremost as a homeowner you should have an idea of the locations of the pipes and the underground cables in and around the building site.it is necessary that one should have some idea regarding the location of these cables so that one doesn’t accidentally bump into it. There is also a risk of severe damage to the water pipes during excavation which can lead to more expensive repairs on the homeowner’s part. You definitely do not want to be slapped with the extra bill along with that of the excavation.
- You can hire somebody to carry out an excavation risk assessment. They would be able to identify where all the water pipes and the electrical cables are located. This report is generated to the extra waiting company who then notifies the water in electrical companies about the excavation project about to happen.
- It is essential that the personal that you hire should wear the right kind of gear to prevent the rocks and debris from causing head injuries to the workers. It is also necessary that the work should be wearing the right kind of words so that they can prevent slip and fall accidents.
- If the excavation is a complex process it might involve digging trenches which are at least 4 to 5 feet deep. Have a proper arrangement should be made for stairs or ladders so that it is easy to facilitate a quick exit in case of an emergency.
- It is important that the contractors build bridges or walkways over these branches so that the workers can process safety from one side to another.
- Excavation processes can often take more than a few days to finish. This is why it tension should also be paid to the weather. Ideal weather is warm and Sunny with little chances of rain. the right contractor would identify potential hazards which are associated with the bad weather and would ensure that no work is carried out during that time.
- Once the excavation task is completed it is necessary that the trenches should be filled upon completion. Date of leaving it is best to get them covered as soon as the work is done so as to provide accidental falling into the trench.
Look for reputable excavation companies who are well-equipped and experienced to complete the task.